LEARNING COMMONS GRAND OPENING 2022 - CASE STUDY
Create and execute a communications plan to promote the Sept. 23, 2022, grand opening of Kettering University’s $63 million, 105,000-square-foot Learning Commons building.
The goals for the project:
• Communicate the value of Learning Commons to Kettering students, faculty, staff, the Flint community, donors and co-op companies.
• Highlight Kettering’s commitment to excellence and forward-thinking opportunities, experiences and solutions that help its students succeed in their careers and their lives.
• Establish the Learning Commons as a revolution in how universities conceptualize space to create and support behaviors and collaboration.
Coordinated all aspects of media relations, including:
• Key message development.
• Media advisory.
• Press release.
• Media training.
• Compiled press kit.
• Developed event briefing book.
• Media outreach/interviews and coverage tracking.
Created event collateral materials, including:
• Branding proposal - Campaign logo and brand guidelines.
• Invitation (postcard and digital).
• Save-the-date notification (print and digital).
• Souvenir program.
• Email banners.
• Magazine ad.
• Light pole banners.
• Large hanging banner.
• Event signage.
• Tv Screen graphics.
• Floor maps and parking maps.
• Website graphics.
• Name badges.
Provided on-site support for the event.
The event was attended by more than 150 people, including local and automotive media:
• Kettering University President Dr. Robert K. McMahan was interviewed by nine media outlets.
• The ceremony was covered in more than 20 media outlets and mentioned in more than 25 social media posts.
• Coverage in key online/print, radio, and TV, including: Automotive News; Flint Beat; MLive/Flint Journal; SME Manufacturing Engineering; WEYI-TV NBC; WNEM-TV CBS; WJR-AM; WJRT-TV ABC; WWJ-AM and WardsAuto,.
• Media impressions ad value